Monday, January 24, 2011

Monster Jam

Yay, we made it to One-Page Week!!!!  I can't believe we have completed all 4 sketches already.  Where does the time go?!?!  Today my layout "Monster Jam" is featured over at Sketch Support and I wanted to share it with you here.


"Monster Jam" by Christina Hoffman
Supply list - Cardstock: Bazzill (white) and Archiver's (purple); Patterned Cardstock: We R Memory Keepers (Funfetti); Alphabets: Doodlebug Designs (monster) and American Crafts (jam); Paint: Making Memories (for tires and wheels); Ink: Colorbox (charcoal) and Staz-On (timber brown); Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L; Chipboard (for wheels): unknown; Sketch: Allison Davis, Sketch Support and Scrapbook Generation

***edited***

Layout Details:

Patterned Papers: I knew when I found the pictures for this project that I did not want to use some busy patterned papers that could possibly take away from the pictures. So, I opted for bright/bold papers with simple little polka dots. All papers were chalked with Colorbox Chalk Ink in charcoal.

Pictures: I kept all of my pictures the size that was suggested on the sketch. All pictures were inked with Staz-On in timber brown.

Title and Journaling: I wanted my title to stand out but I didn’t want it to be too overwhelming so I opted to use a smaller font for the longest word, “Monster” and a larger font for the shortest word, “Jam”.


I also used one of the stars for my journaling block since I knew I wasn’t going to write much about this page. I wanted the tickets to stand out more than the journaling. The tickets and stars were chalked with Colorbox Chalk Ink in charcoal.

Embellishments: I used my Cricut to make the monster truck. The actual truck already had tires but I cut them off and recreated a more rugged look.


 Since the chipboard was already thick I went ahead and applied pop dots behind the truck body to give it a 3-D look. I cut the banner and the stars out from opposite sides of the polka dot papers. All embellishments were chalked with Colorbox Chalk Ink in charcoal and pop doted.

3 comments:

  1. SO nice to meet you Saturday!! Your blog looks great and you are one creative chick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job T. Lovin' the monster truck! Our boys and their monster trucks!@!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lexi!!! It was also nice meeting you on Saturday. Oh and I took your advice and spent Sunday afternoon submitting layouts/projects to several different magazines and manufactures. Thanks for the advice!

    Thanks Jen!!! I knew of all people you would love this layout!! Just think of all the layouts we will be able to create after we return from Vegas. It might be a whole album.

    ReplyDelete