Sunday, May 1, 2011

"So Happy To Have You" Canvas Art

Happy (rainy) Sunday everyone!  Today I am going to share with you a layout that I made using a piece of artist canvas.  This was my first time creating a layout with canvas and not a piece of cardstock as my background.  I must say, it was a lot of fun!  I also like that I get to enjoy seeing it on display in my house rather than just having it stored away in an album.  Who knows I might just have to create a few more pieces of work for my house. 


Here is a close up of one of the flowers I created by using ribbon and twisting it around in a circle to create the look of a flower.


Here is another close up of the ribbon flowers I created as well as the hand stitched I did on the canvas. 


 And last but not least, here is a picture of the completed project on display on a shelf on my living room wall. 


Supplies - Artist Canvas: purchased at Hobby Lobby; Patterned paper: My Mind's Eye; Spray stain: Design Master Home Decor Stain in Pecan; Title: My Mind's Eye; Flowers: Created with My Mind's Eye tulle, lace, and ribbon; Brads: Making Memories; Embroidery floss: DMC; Tools: Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch and Fiskar's Scallop Punch; Sketch: Allison Davis, Sketch Support and Scrapbook Generation

***edited***
If you would like to get a copy of this sketch, please visit Sketch Support.

No comments:

Post a Comment