Saturday, June 11, 2011

Fancy Pants Designs-Pocket Chick Pick

One of my layouts was chosen by Allison Landy, design team member with Fancy Pants Designs to be spotlighted on their blog as their Pocket Chick Pick for Friday, June 10th, 2011.  What a wonderful opportunity it was! 

Here is the full article.

Or you can follow this link to view it directly from their blog.  Pocket Chick Pick-Christina Hoffman (June 10, 2011)

Pocket Chick Pick: Christina Hoffman

AllisonLandyFramed
The Pocket Chick Pick is one of my favorite assignments we do here on the Fancy Pants blog! I love searching for inspiration among other people's work, and this month I was lucky enough to come across Christina Hoffman's fun 2 page spread using the To the Moon line.

Pocket Chick Christina Hoffman
Up To No Good by Christina Hoffman

I don't typically scrap 2 pagers myself, but I was intrigued by how Christina had combined a shaped pattern paper with a different pattern layered underneath it. I decided to see if I could create a similar look on a single, 8.5x11 page. Using the BRAND NEW Baby Mine line (which by the way also inspired the title of my layout) die cut paper and patterns, here's what I came up with.

ALandy Pocket chick Pick June 10_0003
Baby Mine by Allison Landy

I also loved the way Christina clustered the die cut embellishments in the corners. So, I grabbed some of the new Baby Mine line of printed filter paper embellishments and added them as an element off the side of the layout.

ALandy Pocket chick Pick June 10_0005

In the end, I love how the layouts have similar features, but that they each maintain their own character. Thank you Christina for sharing your work with us!
AllisonLandy

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the feature...I still love your layout more though;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your blog thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete